Electrolysis Versus Laser Hair Removal
- Electrolysis can be used on anyone despite their skin or hair color.
- Electrolysis attacks the hair follicle itself, not the pigment in the hair.
- The main steam laser unit can only be used on those with light skin and dark hair.
- Laser can burn those with dark skin and cause skin pigment discoloration.
- Laser targets dark hair. Optimal results will not be obtained if you have light hair.
Electrolysis – The Electrolysis process has been described to feel like a stinging or prickling sensation. Should you find the treatment uncomfortable, there are many options for numbing creams/lotions to be applied before treatments. Everyone has different pain tolerance.
Laser – Laser has been described to feel like a rubber band snapping against your skin and a heat sensation. The darker coarser hair feels more of the burn.
Electrolysis is the only method for permanent hair removal and has the best track record. Electrolysis can take a little longer for results for people that have been tweezing, waxing or using any other types of temporary hair removal methods. This is because the follicle has become distorted and it may take longer to destroy the hair follicle.
Laser is permanent hair reduction. It can reduce hair counts by 40%-80% Facial hair on women is often lighter and finer than body hair and may not respond as well to the laser because it targets pigment (color) in the hair follicle.